« return to manufacturer index
PointsCratex Shaped Points are made in both cylinder and bullet shapes...for smoothing and polishing hard to reach surfaces...grooves, ball corners, holes, clasps, spirals, flutes, and edges. They are widely used for polishing molds, dies, patterns and light castings; for cleaning contact points, solder spots and for relieving stress, micro-deburring, and damaskeening. Dimensions in inches.
|Part No.||Shape||Length||Diameter||Arbor Hole|
|12||Tapered||7/8||3/8 to 5/16||1/8|
|14||Tapered||7/8||5/8 to 1/8||1/8|
- When a variety of Small Wheels in quantities of less than 100 is desired, see Cratex Kits and Assortments.
- Maximum Safe Speed 25,000 Revolutions Per Minute. Best results are usually obtained at 30% to 80% of Maximum Safe Speed. Use a light work pressure.
Point MandrelsDiameter in inches.
- Mandrels No.1 and No.4 have a No. 3-48 thread and a hex nut flange.
- Mandrel No.6 has a No. 5-40 thread and a hex nut flange.
- Mandrel No.9 has a No.5 screw thread, and a fixed shoulder flange.
- Maximum Safe Speed 25,000 Revolutions Per Minute with 1/2" overhang or less (exposed mandrel length). For each additional 1/4" of overhang the Maximum Safe Speed is decreased by at least 20%.